Hartford, Connecticut

Trinity College – Crypt Chapel


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Builder:        Aeolian-Skinner Organ Co., Inc.
   Year:        1931
   Opus:        854
   
No. manuals:    2
No. stops:      13
No. ranks:      2
No. pipes:      170

Specification

                STOP ANALYSIS
             8' Gemshorn         85 pipes
            16' Bourdon          85 pipes
 
                GREAT ORGAN
             8' Gemshorn
             8' Gedeckt
             4' Gemshorn
             4' Gedeckt
 
                SWELL ORGAN
             8' Gemshorn
             8' Gedeckt
             4' Gemshorn
             4' Gedeckt
             2' Gemshorn
 
                PEDAL ORGAN
            16' Bourdon
             8' Gemshorn
             8' Gedeckt
             4' Gemshorn


Source: Allen Kinzey

Notes: According to Floyd Higgins of West Hartford, Connecticut, this specification was actually employed for two organs. One was located in the Crypt Chapel in an arch in the front left corner of the room. It was used for services in the Chapel and for practicing. In 1971 it was rebuilt mechanically by Austin at the same time they were installing the new Austin in the main chapel. Alas, it was 're-leathered' with perflex and functioned only until 1983.

The second organ was installed high up in the Chapel tower in the mechanical room for the Chapel's heating system. The chest and unenclosed pipes were at one end of the room and the console was on the other side on a raised platform. The organ functioned longer than the Crypt Chapel organ because no perflex touched it. It was considerably damaged by vandals in the early 1990s.

Both organs showed extensive use of old pipe work. They are now in the possession of Mr. Higgins.

Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=23697