Concord, North Carolina

First Presbyterian Church


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Builder:        Skinner Organ Company
   Year:        1927
   Opus:        632
   
No. manuals:    3
No. stops:      30
No. ranks:      24
No. pipes:      1,627
      

Specification

            GREAT ORGAN                            CHOIR ORGAN
        16' Bourdon             17 PED          8' Concert Flute       73
         8' Diapason            61              8' Dulciana            73
         8' Clarabella          61              4' Flute               73
         4' Octave              61              8' Clarinet            73
         4' Flute               61                 Tremolo
         2' Fifteenth           61                 Harp                61 bars
         8' Tromba              61                 Celesta
         8' French Horn         61
            Chimes              25 tubes           PEDAL ORGAN
                                               32' Resultant           --
            SWELL ORGAN                        16' Subbass             32
        16' Bourdon             73             16' Bourdon             32
         8' Diapason            73             16' Echo Lieblich       SW
         8' Gedeckt             73              8' Octave              12
         8' Salicional          73              8' Gedeckt             12
         8' Voix Celeste        73              8' Still Gedeckt       SW
         8' Aeoline             73
         4' Flute               73
         2' Harmonic Piccolo    61
         8' Cornopean           73
         8' Oboe d'Amore        61
         8' Vox Humana          73
            Tremolo

Source: The Life and Work of Ernest M. Skinner, by Dorothy J. Holden, and available thru the Organ Historical Society. Her source was a letter to Kenneth H. Holden from Robert Stigall, organ consultant, 14 November 1974. According to the E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Allen Kinzey and Sand Lawn and available thru the OHS, the organ was replaced by a 3/39 Flentrop in 1979.  The Skinner organ was removed by David Hamblin, Jr., and installed in the Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, Highland, Ind., in 1976.

Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=23310