Miami, Florida

First Christian Church


  First Christian Church (Miami, FL)
Builder:        Skinner Organ Company
   Year:        1925
   Opus:        553
No. manuals:    3
No. stops:      27
No. ranks:      23
No. pipes:      1,542

                

Specification

                         GREAT ORGAN                            CHOIR ORGAN
                     16' Bourdon            17 PED           8' Concert Flute      61
                      8' Diapason           73               8' Dulciana           61
                      8' Clarabella         73               4' Flute              61
                      4' Octave             73           2 2/3' Nazard             61
                      8' French Horn        61               8' Clarinet           61
                                                                Tremolo
                         SWELL ORGAN
                     16' Bourdon            73                  ECHO ORGAN
                      8' Diapason           73               8' Chimney Flute      61
                      8' Gedeckt            73               8' Vox Humana         61
                      8' Salicional         73                  Tremolo
                      8' Voix Celeste       73                  Chimes
                      8' Flauto Dolce       73
                      8' Flute Celeste      61 tc               PEDAL ORGAN
                      4' Flute              73              16' Diapason           32
                      8' Cornopean          73              16' Bourdon            32
                      8' Flugel Horn        73              16' Echo Bourdon       SW
                         Tremolo                             8' Octave             12
                                                             8' Gedeckt            SW

  

Source: Larry Deutsch, with further information provided by Allen Kinzey from the shop specs.

Notes: The console was damaged by a fire in the church in 1965 and was replaced by one from Klann. When the church closed in 1982, the organ was given to Eureka College, Eureka, Ill., and installed in the college theater in chambers covered by heavy curtains. The organ was offered for sale in 2003.

Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=23154