Ithaca, New York

Lutheran Church


Skinner Organ, Op. 460 (1924) in Lutheran Church (Ithaca, NY)
 
Skinner Organ, Op. 460 (1924) in Lutheran Church (Ithaca, NY)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Builder:        Skinner Organ Company
   Year:        1924
   Opus:        460
 
No. manuals:    2
No. stops:      20
No. ranks:      12
No. pipes:      823
      

Specification

             GREAT ORGAN                             SWELL ORGAN
          8' Diapason            61              16' Bourdon             73
          8' Clarabella          61               8' Diapason            73
          8' Gedeckt             SW               8' Gedeckt             73
          8' Aeoline             SW               8' Salicional          73
          4' Flute               SW               8' Voix Celeste        73
          8' Cornopean           SW               8' Aeoline             73
          8' Flügel Horn         SW               4' Flute               73
                                                  8' Cornopean           73
             PEDAL ORGAN                          8' Flügel Horn         73
         16' Bourdon             32                  Tremolo
         16' Echo Bourdon        SW
          8' Gedeckt             12
          8' Still Gedackt       SW



Source: Jeffrey Fox

Photo Source: Jeffrey Fox

Notes: The organ was donated by Mrs. Emily A. Zollikoffer in memory of her late husband; it was installed in the front of the nave behind a simple facade. The organ remained in use until it was replaced in 1971 by a 2/14 Gress-Miles in the rear gallery; the Skinner facade remains today. (The church was renamed St. Luke Lutheran Church in 1993.) The Skinner was sold and put in storage in British Columbia. In 1985, it was installed in Our Saviour's Lutheran Church, Bellingham, Wash., by Herb Heustis. It is in regular use there and is unaltered.

Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=22901