Stamford, Connecticut

First Presbyterian Church


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Builder:        Skinner Organ Company
   Year:        1923
   Opus:        422
   
No. manuals:    3
No. stops:      31
No. ranks:      28
No. pipes:      1,859
      

Specification

            GREAT ORGAN                             SWELL ORGAN
        16' Bourdon             17 PED          16' Bourdon             73
         8' First Diapason      61               8' Diapason            73
         8' Second Diapason     61               8' Gedeckt             73
         8' Wald Flute          61               8' Salicional          73
         8' Dulciana            61 *             8' Voix Celeste        73
         4' Octave              61               8' Flauto Dolce        73
         4' Flute               61               8' Flute Celeste       61 tc
         8' French Horn         61 *             4' Flute               73
            * enclosed in CH                     2' Flautino            61
                                               III  Mixture            183
            CHOIR ORGAN                          8' Cornopean           73
         8' Concert Flute       73               8' Corno d'Amore       73
         8' Dulciana            73               8' Vox Humana          73
         4' Flute               73                  Tremolo
         8' Clarinet            73
            Tremolo                                 PEDAL ORGAN
            Harp                                16' Diapason            32
            Celesta                             16' Bourdon             32
                                                16' Echo Bourdon        SW
                                                 8' Octave   (Diapason) 12
                                                 8' Gedeckt   (Bourdon) 12
                                                 8' Still Gedeckt       SW


Source: Allen Kinzey

NotesAn 8' Aeoline was voiced as Op. 422-A on 4/6/38, but it is not clear whether it was an addition or a replacement stop. The organ was removed as the building was being demolished in 1956; it was replaced by a large 4-manual custom Allen in the new sanctuary that quickly became knows as The Fish Church; the Skinner was purchased by the Presbyterian Church of Dover, Delaware. It was renovated and first used for services on 10/14/62. It was due to be replaced by an Allen (yet again) in October 2009.

Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=22838