Trinity Episcopal Church
Builder: The Ernest M. Skinner Co. Year: 1905 Opus: 126 No. manuals: 3 No. stops: 27 No. ranks: 20 No. pipes: 1,219
GREAT ORGAN SWELL ORGAN 8' First Diapason 61 16' Bourdon 61 8' Second Diapason 61 8' First Diapason 61 8' Erzähler 61 8' Stopped Diapason 61 8' Melodia CH 8' Salicional 61 8' Flute SW 8' Voix Celeste 61 8' Dulciana 61 8' Aeoline 61 4' Flute SW 8' Unda Maris 61 8' Cornopean SW 4' Flute 61 8' Cornopean 61 CHOIR ORGAN 8' Oboe 61 8' Geigen Principal 61 8' Melodia 61 PEDAL ORGAN 4' Flute 61 16' Diapason 30 8' Clarinet 61 16' First Bourdon 30 16' Second Bourdon SW 8' Cello 12 8' Melodia CH
Notes: According to the "History of Pipes at Trinity," on June 26, 1905, Trinity contracted with Ernest M. Skinner to build a pipe organ for $5,000 to be completed on or about the first day of October 1905. A copy of this contract was obtained from Jean Heideman of the Rodgers Organ Company, and the final specifications can only be surmised. We do know that this organ was the twelfth made by Skinner and was the first electro-pneumatic action with a detached keydesk installed at Trinity using an electric motor. It was the practice of organ builders to use as much of the old pipe work as possible and, in some cases, they would exchange ranks of the old pipes for new pipes. This obviously kept the cost of the instrument lower and, at the same time, enabled the builder to update the organ to his specifications. The organ chamber was used, being to the left of the chancel, and the console installed on the right.
Retained from the 1875 Johnson & Son Op. 443 were the SW Stopped Diapason and the CH Melodia and Piccolo, as well as the Pedal Diapason, Bourdon and Cello.
Organ Historical Society Database: http://database.organsociety.org/SingleOrganDetails.php?OrganID=19630